So I'm loving Concord. There are streetlights, and people everywhere. We're soooo busy. My planner is getting booked faster than I know how to handle it! We have so many appts that we're scheduling for a week and a half in the future, which in Plymouth we scheduled for the next day, haha. The sisters in this ward are so enthusiastic about teaching with us. I love it!
So Pres. Wilkey came to my district meeting this past week, and guess who was teaching the discussion?, yep... I was again. Everytime I teach the discussion Pres. Wilkey decides to come, without fail so far. I taught them about enduring to the end from Preach My Gospel in ch3 lesson5. I did an object lesson teaching them how to make a star out of a strip of paper. I said how each of us is a strip of paper and as missionaries we help people realize how to make themselves into stars. I think the spirit was teaching it because by the end Pres. Wilkey was in tears. I know I didn't do that. The spirit truly taught that lesson. It was really cool. Then after the elders hounded me about teaching them how to make the star because they still didn't get it. haha
New Hampshire is all a buzz. Everyone is very political and stressed out about it. Lots of political campaigning. The Bishop reminded everyone before testimony mtg that there is no political statements to be made over the pulpit. haha, There are a few very prominent government figures in our ward. haha.
We had quite a few less-actives show up at church yesterday. That was nice. The elders didn't believe our numbers that we turned in... but they were at the same ward so they knew they were right, but called to verify anyways, haha it was pretty funny. We have a special training tomorrow it's gonna be all day. I'm excited for it.
We're teaching about 15 people or so right now, and most of them are from Africa! I had no idea that New Hampshire was this diverse. Josphin is from southern sudan and she just got baptized. She's gonna feed us next week!!! Real African food!!
Keep writing me:) I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment