Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Schooling---blah

So, I've gotten complaints. These complaints are that I haven't updated my blog in a severely long period of time. . . I see where y'all are coming from. In the past two years I've made five, now six posts, TOTAL! So, I've decided to keep a better updated posting record from now on.

This will probably be difficult considering how in three weeks I'm going to be thrown into hyper drive with no brake available. Back at BYU and working and studying and social networking and church callings and rent payments and tuition and books and trying to maintain friends and facebooking and now, blogging. I think I can manage with a few hours of sleep every other night. I just might make it.

My first semester of college was horrendously horrifying. Erasing those months from history would be the best thing ever! as well as the worst thing ever. I wouldn't be the person I am today with out it. I was hated, looked down upon, scorned, verbally and emotionally abused, shunned, talked bad about, accused of crimes such as stealing and vandalism, and this all by my roommates. Below is a post I posted during that semester. Reading it, you wouldn't have thought the above statements true, but they are, trust me. I turned to my family, and more importantly my Savior Jesus Christ, to help me with all I was dealing with.

Before that semester I knew of Christ. I learned of Him since I was born through Family Home Evenings, Primary lessons, Sunday School, Young Womens, and Scripture Study. I knew OF Him, but now, I KNOW Him. He is love, mercy, grace, and everlasting comfort to those willing to seek it.

The next semester was much easier. I had called out my roommates and demanded justice. Well, actually I pleaded they tell me what I had done to hurt them in such a way that made them hate and scorn me. After five hours of discussion the problem was cracked wide open, and it was four in the morning. I had to be up and all packed in three hours to get catch my ride to the airport to go home for Christmas. . . Needless to say I was tired all the next day.

I now go back in three weeks to live in a new apartment, three of the same girls as before and less room in the bedrooms!

I'm not very good as spelling so forgive my ignorance. Thank goodness for spell check!

3 comments:

calmrapids said...

first of all, do comments work yet?

calmrapids said...

OK! Girl! You are in business! Don't worry if you're not posting that much. Believe me, you 've got enough on your plate! I have a feeling this year's going to be 100% better than last! You're almost a junior! You are doing awesome incredible things! Love ya!

Ari said...

Wow...I had no idea that you had gone through all that. I'm so sorry, but I'm glad that you have learned and grown from this. YOu are an amzing young lady and so beautiful. I hope this year treats you better. I hope you will have more time to post cause I would love to read it. Take care and safe travels.
Love ya,
Ari