
Packing. One of my least favorite things to do. I think it's because I'm being torn from one good place to another. I have to remove every trace of my being from one place, and transport my entire life in two suitcases and a carry-on to a new living area. I have to re-establish myself there. I have to figure out how to present myself in this new setting and try to figure out my new roommates. Moving to Disney is different from my regular run-of-the-mill move. I was leaving tons of friends. I was leaving my awesome roommates, and best friend. I wasn't going to see my family all summer. I didn't like how this was looking. I put off packing until the last hours, literally. I packed from 2am until 5am the morning of my flight to Orlando. I then slept from 5am till 9am. I had an amazing breakfast (thank you roomies and friends!) I watched some "Where the wild things are" and then I was off. Brian drove me and Cate to the airport and then we were alone, together, but I was definitely alone in my own world. I tried to block everything out of my mind. I tried to not think of all the friends and family I wasn't going to see all summer.

WE LANDED IN ORLANDO! then caught a shuttle to the hotel, and crashed. I only left the room twice while there. Once to eat breakfast Sunday morning, once to get Sara and Jocelyn in to the hotel room (two of our future roomies). We left Monday morning to head to our apartment. We made that trip in a small Lincoln towncar. (This is not a big car. We had four girls and about 16 bags of luggage. It was a tight fit to say the least.) ARRIVAL AT OUR APARTMENTS! we moved in and then went to get fingerprinted.
I love our apartment! It's much bigger than my previous apartment. and much more modern. BUT with being newer and nicer comes the white white walls. It's almost too white. but, we'll fix that with colorful paint chips. I'll find out what exactly I'm doing tomorrow. . . I know I'm doing something with the attractions. We'll see how it goes down tomorrow.
1 comment:
This whole last weekend I kept you in my thoughts and prayers. You were a baby once--I can attest to that, with your long apple juice hair and freckles trying to make their mark. And now, you're all grown up and traveling around on your own. Taking care of business. That's my girl!
Post a Comment