So, yesterday I had my cast removed. And the doctor/surgeon looked at my ankle and made a face of disgust. this face only lasted for about 1/2 a second, but I saw it. A more sophisticated look of "I-can-deal-with-this-nasty-open-wound" came onto his face immediately after. And YES I said "nasty open wound." Because of my cast being on 24/14 and my location in hot/humid Houston and my car without air conditioning, my ankle was kept in a constant state of a damp moist (and smelly) environment. So this meant my incision was kept open... and since the stitches had already been pulled, out the edges of the opening slide apart. The inside was a nasty shade of pink, white, and yellow. The Doc had to cut pieces of skin/scab tissue away from the opening.
Now I have to wash it out twice a day, and I have to postpone physical therapy!!!
I was going to put a picture up here... but I might gross everyone out...
1 comment:
I love you and I hope you get to feeling better. That can't be fun at all and I can't even imagine.
(Also, thanks for not posting a picture haha)
Post a Comment