Monday, June 18, 2012

Newport, Maine

So this past transfer meeting went like this:

Got transfer calls Saturday night. Pres. Wilkey calls and tells us that I'm leaving and S. Robbins is staying. okay, cool. Then I have to pack. Take lots of pictures with the people I worked with. Then Tuesday morning the sisters from Wolfeboro come and drop Sis. Muir off as Sis. Robbins new companion and I go to the meeting with S. Capito to get our new assignments.

At the meeting we sing, receive spiritual inspiration, meet the new missionaries, listen to the testimonies of the leaving missionaries. THEN the big changes happen. We find out where we're going to move to. Well, by this time we sisters had aleady figured out who was going where! So there wasn't much of a suprise. Our transfers were anounced over the pulpit, so it was official, and I was headed up to Maine! We had lunch and drove three hours to Newport-- with two great danes in the car. That was a slightly crazy trip.

No comments: