Monday, July 9, 2012

Lost and Found in the Backwoods of Maine

I got lost in the backwoods of Maine, for an hour! driving in dirt roads, and muddy trails. then almost into the pond... yeah. Gotta love Maine. I had to do like an ELEVEN point turn to get the car turned around to get out of the woods and such.
 
So Newport is BOOMING!  We are working with several investigators right now and 3 have baptismal dates!
Joanne is so great. She's the sister of one of the members in the Branch and has been every religion there is, including minonite! I think I spelled that right. She says this is the church for her and she's not ever goin' anywhere else. She's a typical Mainer, only one tooth and a huge heart! I love her so much!
 
Then there's the Bailey Family, the Mom, Joleen, and son, Michael, are getting baptized as well!! They are so ready. We hadn't been able to get a hold of them for the longest time, then we decided to stop by for the last time to see if we could catch them, Joleen finally came out and said, "You're back! I want to go to church, I want this Mormon thing, I want to read the scriptures, I want to pray, I want it, but I'm sick right now so you'll have to come back later!" HHAHAHAhahahaa, oh man, I loved hearing her enthusiasm for the gospel! She's so ready for it.
yeah, so life is good:)

No comments: