This week, we went to see a less-active named Kala. She's in her twenties, young mother. Baptized only a few years ago. She had just slowly gotten away because her family and friends were not supportive of her new lifestyle. When we met with her she mentioned how she wants to come back. The two years she was actively involved were the happiest of her life. But it was hard to come back. So, she got the idea that she was going to invite one of her friends to come to our next lesson with us. At our next lesson Michelle was there. She wanted to learn so badly. She asked all the questions us missionaries love to hear: Why doesn't God talk to us anymore? Why hasn't God told us what will happen after we die? Why are there so many "holes" in the Bible? Why can the preachers never answer my questions? Who/what is God? Well... I was very excited because we had all the answers!!!!! We talked of the dispensations, apostasy, Christ's ministry, the Restoration... and that took 2 hours! So, we really had over stayed our visit and she still had a ton of questions. I told her straight up, "We can answer every question you have, but I don't expect you to believe the answer I tell you. You need to pray to God and He will let you know if this is true or not." Michelle was so awesome. She said, "Oh, I will. I will pray tonight." I asked her if she'd be able to recognize an answer, or what is she looking for in an answer. She said, "I know what the spirit of God feels like, I felt it right here when you read from the Bible. I'll know the answer." She's AWESOME! And in the lesson Kala was bearing testimony of the things we were teaching. And she'd turn to us and say, "I know its true." "I love this Gospel." "I need to get back to it." Oh it was soooooo good.! !!!!!!
Another lesson we had was with Peter. He's in his 60's, a retired ER doctor. He is thinking about baptism, but isn't sure about it yet. We had a lesson over at a member's home. Turns out they were classmates in high school. Brother Boulier found the gospel when he was 15, and Sister Boulier found it when she was about 40 or so. Now they are married, and one of their classmates has found the gospel! WOW! Brother Boulier is so straightforward. He told Peter that if the church is Jesus Christ's Church he needs to man-up and get baptized. If not, then to stop wasting his time with it. woah. Peter was taken back, then said, yeah, I need to know that then I can make my decision. Then on Sunday one of the talks was all about receiving revelation and acting on it. Just what Peter needed.:) It was beautiful. God really does prepare those that are seeking truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment