Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference was Awesome!

Holy Canoli, this week has again been very interesting, and I'm craving canoli's. More canceled appointments because we can't get to them. It's frustrating. We still don't have transportation and can't get help to or from appointments very easily. Hopefully our car will be ready by the end of this week. They keep saying a few more days, a few more days... ugh. It'll come back to us when the Lord is ready for us to have transportation in a more reliable way.
 
I loved General Conference this past weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My soul was sooooooooo hungry to hear from our Prophet Thomas S. Monson. All the talks were sooo good. I felt like I got something from each one that I could apply to my life, the lives of my investigators and less-actives, and my companionship. I hope that I can feast of these words for a long time, 'cause after the last session I was still hungry to learn more! I wish I could sit at my Savior's feet and just listen and learn from Him all day, all week, all month, all the time!!! But I know that he has many other responsibilities to attend to and I can't be self-ish... So I'll feast on His words in the Scriptures, Preach my Gospel, General Conference addresses, and seek His guidance through prayer until He has some time to visit and teach me. And really, He's with me as I study and feast on His words. So what more can I ask for?! I want to be with my Savior. And I feel closest to Him while I am doing His will and studying His words. I yearn for Him to be a bigger part of my life. I will continue to seek Him, for I know I will find Him. He is already so abundantly in my life. But I know there is more that He can be a part of. I love the Gospel soooo much!!! I love the powerful influence for goodness it has.
I'm sooo excited to hear that the gates for missionary service have opened wider to allow younger elders and sisters to serve!! I am soooo happy for the opportunities to share the gospel that are unfolding across this world. I pray that it will continue to grow!!

No comments: