Sis. Reid and I are getting along so well! It's awesome. She is really into the healthy food thing, so I'm trying to be healthy with her... and getting her to eat chocolate too:) She's the youngest sister missionary in our mission right now, just turned 20 on January 30th!
So, Sister Reid had only been out since this last Tuesday when I picked her up and she was so nervous! So when I was at the Transfer meeting and looking at the 4 new sisters and 18 new elders coming in I wondered which one I'd get. I immediately looked past the elders (I didn't want to be paired with them, haha, and I wouldn't be, haha) to the sisters. 3 brunettes and one blonde. I thought in my mind, "I call the blonde." AND I got her! She was prepared before she got here and is sooooo amazing. She's ready to work and such an amazing person. I'm learning a ton from her and she from me. We make an awesome team. She's definitely the companion I need. LOVE IT!
I'm in Littleton, NH! It's actually part of the Lyndon, VT ward. The big news is that missionaries haven't worked this part of the vineyard in over 25 years! So we're starting from scratch, almost. Our only investigators right now are John Hamrick and his girlfriend Mary. He really likes his phone so he was messing around and taking our pictures as we were getting to know each other and decided our parents would love to see us. So we offered the emails we knew and he sent them off to you:)
Our area is awesome, its the town that Polyanna is based on. So watch that movie and think of me:) It's very much like Polyanna. I love it! So small and quaint.
First thing we do when we open a new area is get maps, and a ward directory. Meet with the RS president and the Bishop to find out who they know of the ward members that will need an uplift and who's Less-Active and who's active. Then we go contact those people. We then get to know the town people, and try not to get lost while driving the crazy New England roads. The Elders that are in our ward that are on the Vermont side did a good job of getting us a nice apartment. No crazy neighbors, no smoke leaking through the walls, very comfortable beds!, food enough to survive on till we get healthy food today:) Still haven't unpacked yet. We need another dresser before we can unpack.
The people here are very much New Hampshire-ites. They are intelligent and strong willed and very complacent. or in other words, "all set". They are so awesome. They really haven't seen missionaries before and don't really have any bad feelings towards us. Which is really nice.
The weather is very cold, and wet. But warmer than it had been in Montepelier!
I got a priesthood blessing cause opening the area and training at the same time were a bit overwhelming. Well, in the blessing it said I was going to work harder than I'd ever worked before! Now, I've worked pretty hard, so I'm going to work with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to give my all here.
1 comment:
Sorry--I have no idea why the font decided to be two colors. I have edited it numerous times, including trying to change the color of the text and copy/pasting it into a word doc and then copying it back. nothing works. Scroll a bit so it shows up better on the background--that's the best suggestion I have. Sorry.
Post a Comment