October 29, 2012
Wow... I made it one year. That night I spent it in the mission home with Pres. and Sister Wilkey. I was there to send off Sis. Chantry. She was too sick to continue her mission and needed more help than could be provided on a mission. I miss her. I get sooooo attached to my companions before they leave. It's like they take part of my heart with them. It's really hard to see them go. I was going to celebrate my one year with cheesecake at a member's home... and well that didn't work out. No cheesecake for us:(
I haven't met most of the investigators here in Barre. It's interesting serving here. It's a very different culture than Maine. I miss Maine. Vermonters are very interesting, they have a ton of pride in their state... but 28 Vermonts can fit into Texas... just sayin'. I have a bit more reason for pride in my state:) haha. They do have really good maple syrup... so I've been told... I've not tried it yet. And I've been told there's a good chinese food place here... and a mexican place... but I doubt they are nearly as good as the real thing. New England has a good way of making things bland.
BUT I did eat at Sis. Greene's home on Sunday. She's from Mexico, Guadalajara (I think that's how you spell it...) She's also lived in Monterrey and Mexico City. She knows Sister Tamayo!!! It's pretty cool. She fed us Mexican food! I think that's the first time I've had real mexican food in a year! It was delicious. And she sent us home with the left overs:) I was in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment