Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving in Vermont

This last week has been ridiculous! Inside most of the time, or traveling to and from New Hampshire to see a Doctor. Sis. Oliphant is super sick. She is having major issues with her thyroid, and battling depression. After I'm done with this email I'm driving her down to the mission office for her to fly home. She needs counseling and more medical attention than she's capable of having here.
So when Thanksgiving rolled around we were only able to go out to Sis. Bush's with Sis. Greene and then headed home. Sis. Bush was soooo nice, she asked me what kind of pie I wanted, and so I told her the blueberry cream cheese. SHE MADE IT FOR ME!!!! AND she made the spinach dip that I LOVE! AND she let me pack a container of leftovers for me:) We also had veggies for the dip, green bean casserole, yams and sweet apple pie filling, turkey, cranberry sauce, gravy, stuffing, homemade rolls, and REAL apple cider! We were soooo stuffed that we had to take our pie to go!
After the clean up of the meal we shared the story of the Jaredites, and how even though they were stuck in a vessel for almost a year and tossed all about (which does not sound fun to me) they sang praises of joy and thanksgiving to God all the while.(Ether 6:9) It was nice. Sis. Oliphant was pretty much out of it the whole time and she crashed when we got home. So, that was my thanksgiving!

AND!!!! I'm staying in Montpelier, and Training a new missionary!

No comments: