November 19, 2012
Missionary Life is such a roller coaster! In church this past sunday I was wearing short sleeves... because I'm from a warmer climate and refusing to acknowledge that the temperature really was only 25 degrees. I had mittens on, a scarf, a few layers of leggings, and boots. But just short sleeves with my coat on top. well... The members decided I was the perfect person to pick on! Each person had to tell me how to keep warm and give me a hard time for not being smart enough to wear long sleeves. The older ladies and men, the crazy teenagers, the cute little primary kids, the moms, all had different tips. On the bright side, I got tons of members to talk to me and share their advice. And now I know the members better and have started gaining their trust as a missionary. AND I have a ton of tips on how to keep warm! tip#1: never wear short sleeves without a longsleeve shirt underneath. tip#2: to be warm you will never look cute.(this one I refuse to accept yet... I still want to look cute). tip #3: start your car at least a half hour before leaving. (I haven't done this one yet...) tip #4: never leave your gloves in the car. (I learned this one already, personal experience... they freeze!) So, I'm still a bit chilly, and need to just face the fact that I need to dress warmer.
On a high note Hannah, an investigator, is doing AMAZING! We had a lesson this past week with her that she later told her member friend, Ivy, was the best lesson she's ever had with missionaries and is seriously contemplating a date for baptism now! We didn't do anything special. We just listened to her. I asked a few of the baptismal interview questions in a very natural and normal way and she bore her testimony. We listened and pointed out to her she was indeed testifying of things she knows to be true. She is now able to recognize the testimony she has and how it's grown since attending Church, reading from the scriptures, praying, and meeting with missionaries. She wants to be baptized and bring her mom and brother along so they can be baptized too!!! They live in Massachusetts, but she's there this week with them and is trying to re-kindle the fire of their desire to learn more.
No comments:
Post a Comment