Well, according to dictionary.com BEAUTY = the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, something excellent of its own kind. (like an old car...)
I've had this obsession with beautiful old cars. okay, so its not really an obsession. It's more like I see a beautiful car, with the lines that are pleasing to the eyes and the color so retro, that I have to just stop and stare at the car until it's out of sight.

My favorites are the ones that are so ancient in style, yet are immensely shiny and different colors. I'd love to own an ancient styled car, but have it in prime working condition. Back home on my street there was a house who's garage was left open sometimes. In that garage was the car that got me thinking about ancient cars. Usually the car was under a canvas, or tarp, but sometimes it wasn't. I wanted that 60's beetle. The burnt orange color, and the silver trim... yeah, it was a beauty.

My mom also helped fuel this love of the unique beauty of older cars. She has this love and yearning for an older mustang. A mustang that is a convertible. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!?!?! This is my dream car right now... It's not an older car, well because that's not very plausible for me. I'd put way too much money into it, and not get much life out of it. (I'm not one for working on cars). So, this is the car of choice for me: a PINK Mazda RX8 !!

Now, that is BEAUTY!
1 comment:
Do you know how many times I thought about asking our neighbor if he was going to sell his orange bug or let it rot in his garage? It's not there anymore so I guess he sold it and not to us. :(
LOVE the pink Mazda!
There's a car show here every weekend that we've been to twice now. Love it!
Post a Comment