Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fun vs. Studying

The College scene is such a funny thing. Many people (myself included) expected to come to college and forget about the cliques and funny immature-ness of the High School setting. I was going to be grown up! HAHA, that's funny, me, grownup... haha. Well, it's happening! I'm doing dishes, laundry, and studying with out being bribed with candied pecans(which were so good!)

Right now I'm balancing a lot in life. Mostly the balance between having fun in an immature High School sort of way, and studying and becoming smart in a college sort of way. I still haven't completely grown out of the silly high school spontaneous fun. For instance, last semester we were having a rainy day. Rainy days are perfect for getting easily distracted from studying. SOO... my roommates and I ran outside and began playing volleyball. We were soaked!! BUT that's not all. Then we went puddle jumping and ended up next to the pool. We took off our jacket and shoes and jumped in. The water was so warm! We swam around for a while. After about three hours of fun in the rain we trodded back home in our freezing cold and wet clothes, and of course had to take pictures:)



That's the kind of fun we have! but I've been working on balancing that fun with the studying and being responsible part of college life.



Take this week for example:

:::Anatomy Quiz this morning: I studied most of last Saturday for it, and Tuesday morning, and last night I studied for another couple of hours. It went well this morning.
:::Biology Test coming up: taking that tonight... I've been studying for it for about two hours a day for the past week, and I had a serious crunch last night studying for it.
:::Language Structure Test coming up: Taking that on Friday night... so much for a social life! I've been working on being able to label a sentence on four different levels. Lots of reviewing still to come!! and hopefully I can understand all the ways a verb can function, and the different pronouns.
:::Anatomy Test coming up: This goes until the middle of next week so I've got some time, but it's about 10 chapters worth! Our lecture guide basically needs to be memorized. We had a quiz over most of the same material earlier last week, so hopefully I remember most of that.
:::Then there's all the work assignments... Getting ready for the conference in Denver.

1 comment:

calmrapids said...

I love reading your posts and keeping up with all that you're doing. Good luck with all the tests and daily work!

Love ya!