Miracle of the week: We stopped by to see a less active family, the Espositos, and they let us in to teach them a small lesson. They have a man by the name of Aaron that lives in the basement and he was hanging out with them when we came over. Apparently he doesn't like missionaries and tries to avoid us as much as possible. Well when we came in, he promptly left the room. BUT when we began teaching we went to the same room he was in. He turned off the tv, and shared my scriptures with me as we taught about the people of Alma being strengthened by the Lord under their trials. We went around and told what we thought about that passage of scripture. And Aaron said how powerful he felt that was and how that's a great lesson everyone should learn. He definitely felt the spirit and was thinking about God and how God helps him in his own life. We're going to go see him and the Espositos again this coming week! Hopefully Aaron sticks around again and we can talk about what that source of power is that he felt:)
Last night we had dinner over at our Relief Society President's home: Sis Dearborn. She is great. She made baked mac and cheese, and a fresh salad, then made us ice cream sundaes and peach cobbler. It reminded me of home:) Then she was such a good sport and acted out 1Nephi 3 and 4 with farm animals and pencils and other toys she had. It was part of a game we came up with to teach how to get revelation through the Book of Mormon. She was so fun to see playing with these toys. She's in her 60s and doesn't have much fun, so it was good to see her laughing.
Funny story: So from one town to the next its a good 20 minutes in the car, minimum. As we were driving back from warren, the farthest area we cover, Sis bond had to go to the bathroom so we were searching for a gas station. Finally we found one and stopped. The people here don't talk to you first, so I've learned I'm always the one to start a coversation with anyone! so I was talking to the cashier about how her day was going and she was telling my how horrible her day was. I was concerned, cause it must have been awful because people here don't just open up like that so easily. I asked her what happened and she looked at me like i was stupid. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what I must've missed. Then she says... It's still deer hunting season... like I'm supposed to know that, haha. Okay, so she doesn't like hunting season. Apparently her gas station is the stopping point for all the hunters coming back from the day and a place to clean their kill, or grab a bite to eat or some gas before going home. And one man named Jim came in with bloody hands, ordered and ate his burger without cleaning the deer's blood off his hands first. She was disgusted! hahhahaha. I was trying not to laugh, cause I would be grossed out too but the way she told it was hilarious.
My favorite scripture right now is in Amos 3:7. it's so plain and simple and teaches us about Christ's prophets.
No comments:
Post a Comment